Penfolds Bin 600 California Cabernet Shiraz 2018 Rated 93WE
- Calculated at Checkout
- United States
- 90+ Point Wines
This is a blend of 78% Napa Valley- and Sonoma-grown Cabernet Sauvignon and 22% Shiraz from Paso Robles. It is a smooth and earthy wine that offers flavors of leather, earth, iron and crushed rock cut against herbal accents.
Wine Tasting Notes
Named for our original California vineyard, the Creston "600" Ranch, Penfolds Bin 600 Cabernet Shiraz is intrinsically linked to the American Dream we embarked on more than 20 years ago. Today, Bin 600 is made with grapes grown from the original heritage selection of vine cuttings we first planted back in 1998 - a taste of the esteemed Kalimna and Magill Estate vineyards, brought to America in a signature Penfolds blend.
- COLOR - Gleaming crimson, dark core.
- NOSE - Spices waft - clove, sage and turmeric are in immediate suspension. Conversation diverts to cold coffee grounds, raw coconut kernel and jasmine tea. Fragrant salsa verde is dissected down to its components: flat leaf parsley, anchovy and basil. Oak provides a platform for these two varietal blending companions, a springboard for the blackberry and quince.
- PALATE - Medium-bodied with a glycerous texture and a backbone of sweet licorice brimming with potent aniseed. Radiating from this backbone is pepper-rubbed pastrami, rare roast beef, cocoa dusting, semi-dried dates, and freshly harvested persimmons with an open textural weave.
- GRAPE VARIETY - 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Shiraz
- SOURCING - Napa Valley, California and Paso Robles, California
- ALCOHOL - 14.5%